Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Many Whoo Hoos!

(i did this from my phone and it hates me and wouldn't let me finish... Oh well)
Hello from Virginia!! Today has been a very long and exhausting day of travel. Woke up at 2am only because I could not sleep! Finally gave up trying at 4 am and went on to the airport. And six hours later I arrived at my hotel. I pretty sure I fell asleep before I put my suitcase on the bed. So after a long and much needed nap, I woke up to Billy calling me to tell me his papers got fixed (whoo hoo number 1). And we got an email from the housing department at bragg. Looks like our application was accepted and they advised me to call our neighborhood of choice and figure out when a house would be available. So I did. And guess what?!? The lady said we could move in today if we wanted! So by the time we get to bragg we will be able to just go straight into our new house!! (whoo hoo number two) It's just been a very wonderful and busy day! And tomorrow I get to see Billy! I did drive out to the post tonight and did a stalker like drive by (a couple times) in hopes of seeing him. But no luck. But that is ok!! Only 8 more hours!!! (whoo hoo number three) Oh and Billy was able to get his uniforms exchanged finally after trying four times. (whoo hoo number four)
Anyway... In light of all the goodness that came out of today, I also made several observations about my trip that I would like to share.
1. Norfolk IS pronounced with a bad word.
2. Virginia is beautiful!!! I don't think I paid any attention the last time I was here.
3. I have flown more in the past two months than I have ever flown in my entire life.
4. The temperature is about 20 degrees cooler and GLORIOUS!
5. Driving a rental car is really fun! Especially a bright cherry red one.
6. Hotels are not really all that fun when you are alone. I was a bit of a freak. I would run to my car and then run to the hotel room door. And then once inside I would lock every single lock and chain and latch AND put the "do not disturb" sign on the door.
7. There are more movie theaters in a 10 mile radius than in the entire county back home.
8. And even on the last day of their training, they still had an early lights out and hardly any personal time to talk. BLAH!! But whatever! Almost done - WHOO HOO!!!

1 comment:

HeatherandTanner said...

YAY!!!! I am so happy for you! That is exciting!!!