Thursday, August 25, 2011

Me, Myself, and Irene

Well, dang. I'm officially scared. Looks like the hurricae Irene is headed straight toward my dear husband. They are taking it very seriously and doing what they need to in order to be safe. But dang. He's probably in the safest place possible. I think my biggest fear is that the hurricane comes in and just knocks out all the buildings and power for a week or more and that will delay my trip and his graduation. I know  I KNOW! That is the most selfish and ridiculous thing I could possible say. I'm sorry. It's horrible. And to admit it on here in front of my entire audience (all 8 of you) I feel like a total bad word. But there it is. I'm nervous that this will delay my trip to see him and it will delay his getting to come home. It's all about me me me!
Ok but seriously, I'm sure things will be fine. Obviously, my main concern is for his safety. And I have complete faith that the military will keep him out of harms way. I just want him home. It's like we're so close.... I just don't know if I want to deal with any more bumps in this road.

On a lighter note: An awesome conversation with William. I had sprayed bleach in my bathtub today and went to rinse it out a bit later. For some reason, my water pressure was almost non-existent so I say, "What is wrong with this water?"  William says, "It's wet, isn't it?"  Man, I love that kid!!

No comments: