Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Wonder years... cont...

The other night I referenced The Wonder Years and all the turmoil my family seems to be having with their friends... well guess what... there's more.
Tonight as I'm getting dinner together, Allison was unloading the dishwasher and just talking away. She's telling me about how her friends don't like a girl in their class and they won't play with her. So, today she tried to stand up for the girl and her "friends" turned on her. It was a hard lesson for her. But I honestly couldn't be more proud. I told her that no matter how bad she feels about her other friends, she needs to think about how good she made her outsider friend feel. Her big problem was now she thinks the other girls won't like her again. I had to tell her that no matter what her friends think, she did a good thing. She shouldn't worry about what her other friends think because one day they will realize she was right. And if they don't... they probably aren't the kind of friends she needs. Again... hard lesson to learn. But I'm really glad she has such integrity at such a young age. I know many adults who could never do what she did today.

To update you on the move... no amended orders = no progress whatsoever. I did get some information on how to set up movers, but it does me no good until Billy gets his papers fixed. And apparently, the fella who is doing the paper fixin will be there tomorrow. So, everyone say a prayer!!!

I didn't get to talk to Billy very long tonight. He wasn't in a great mood. This last week is just going to drag on and it's keeping him down. Plus, when things are going wrong... everything seems horrible. If you remember he wasn't able to exchange his uniforms at Basic because they couldn't get them washed. So all his uniforms are 3 sizes too big. Today he was supposed to be able to exchange them again. But because of the massive earthquake that shook 22 states along the east coast, he was late getting there. And by the time he got there, they didn't have any more of his size. Really? I can feel his frustration from here. There's a chance he will get to do it this weekend when they get another shipment of shirts. But who knows.

Oh and no, even though Billy was 120 miles away from the epicenter of the earthquake, he didn't feel it because they were driving around post in a van. LOL!!! People were evacuating the White House and every news station was covering it, but they didn't even know anything had happened until they made them get out of the van and stand outside for a while. He was like, "What?? There was an earthquake???" I wonder if he'll notice there is a hurricane flying his way this weekend.

No comments: