Wednesday, August 17, 2011

I'll just have to take it with me

We haven't lived in this little town all that long. But when we first moved here from a much larger and much more populated area, I was constantly gasping at the views and landscapes in this community. I promise, you've never seen beauty until you've lived in the hills of Tennessee during the Fall. So for the past two years, I've driven around with a goofy look on my face staring at all the wonderment.
Yesterday I decided to stop being such a mope about having to leave this gorgeous place and just do something about it. I drove around with the windows down and just took some pictures of this authentic countryside. I absolutely love all the old buildings and abandoned houses.

The old bank building





View from up top one of the hills

Jenkins Road barn


Water Valley Road barn

LOVE this house!

If these walls could talk...


Same old house, in color

Leipers Creek

Billy's great-grandparent's home


View of my favorite road in the world

View of the road down from my house


I'm going to have this printed and framed. This is the actual road sign for Billy's family's old property



Anyway, my goal is to get a few of these printed and framed for our new house in North Carolina. I just love the old look of them. 

2 comments:

4hunters said...

Hi There!

Just finished reading your blog from the very start. Excellent job! I've never read a blog from the wife's perspective that's anywhere close to as thorough as yours is. I know times can be tough in the Army, especially when viewed from your perspective, but trust me when I say that it will get better (I do have experience as I'm currently an officer in the Army). You have a strong, well-grounded family and more importantly you're strong in your faith! Initial Entry Training (Basic and AIT) is tough for everyone involved -- it will get much better once you're somewhat settled in at Bragg. Keep up the good work on the blog and tell your husband I said hello and I'm rooting for him. :)

1LT Hunter

BBlackburn said...

Thank you so much!! I've loved writing this blog so much! I feel as though I'm contributing something to the process by making a record of it. Plus, it really does help to just get my thoughts out there. I hope you continue to read. I'm sure it's just going to get tons more exciting from here!!
Best wishes, Becky