Friday, August 19, 2011

God knows... He always knows

This afternoon, I start to really realize just how freakin clueless I am about everything. I do not even know enough about anything to ask an intelligent question, much less who to ask. I'm so completely lost with this whole moving thing. Nothing is normal. Everything is complicated. I'm kinda losing my mind here. So, I decide I need a day off. I want a day off to sit on my couch with a large diet coke and some chinese food and watch movies like Jane Eyre and Pride and Prejudice so I can just NOT THINK for a while. I call my mother in law and set it up to where the kids are going to spend the evening with her tomorrow so I can have my date with Mr. Darcy and Mr. Rochester. As expected (since nothing ever goes the way I plan)... the landlady calls right after and asks if she can show the house tomorrow at 4 in the afternoon. Now, I'm completely depressed!! So, I'm in the middle of my meltdown and Billy calls me (completely unexpectedly) He lets me cry into the phone for a minute and gives me some positives about the whole thing - just helps me see that it's not really a big deal. So, I'm kinda feeling better. But then he has to hang up after only a few minutes since this completely odd time of day  phone call was technically illegal - so we say goodbye and I'm sitting here missing him just even more than I was ten minutes ago. This second wave of meltdown finds me sitting on my porch swing outside. So, I just say a little prayer that all the obstacles in my way (the landlady, the cats, the housing, the forms, the move, the cluelessness) will just go away for a while. I feel my whole body relax and I just sit there in my swing completely wrapped up in the breeze and quietness of the afternoon... when I hear a really loud buzzing over my shoulder. A little freaked out, I turn my head in that direction and low and behold there hovered a bright blue hummingbird. Beautiful tiny creature. And such a rare sight in my yard since I don't have a single flower or feeder. It flew around me a couple times and then as if saying, "hey, why do you worry so much? Take a chill pill for crying out loud," it just flew away. Amazing!
I'm sitting there in a complete daze thanking God for taking away my troubles for a moment and I get a text message.  From Billy. "Don't be upset. Just roll with it. By the way, I made squad leader today."  Now I'm just smiling and crying at the same time. What a day!

No comments: