Monday, August 29, 2011

Making the list and checking it twice

It is the eve of my little mini vacation. I've got all the children packed (well, I really let them pack themselves..so we'll see) and I'm on the way to getting myself packed. But if you know me at all, you know this is a process. Making a list of every single thing I will need, even down to outlining what outfit I will wear on each day including undergarments. I know, I'm a sad little woman. But I just can't help it. And then I'll make lists of things I know I need to do before I can walk out the door. If I don't sit down and write, "take trash to the dump" then I'll walk past the trash bad seven times and think about taking it, but then just never take it. I also like to write things on my list that I've already done. This way I can go ahead and cross them out so that I feel like I've accomplished something. Yup. I'm awesome that way!
Anyway, I'm just super excited! One of my besties from college (the first time around) is taking me to dinner tomorrow and we're going to talk each other's ears off while stuffing our faces. I absolutely can't wait! A perfect start to my mini-vaca!! And then bless her soul, she's letting me sleep on her couch so I can get to the airport bright and early Wednesday. (I think I'm repeating myself from yesterday's blog... sorry)

I'm getting that nervous feeling again. I've not seen my husband in 8 weeks. He did send me a picture after I begged him for a week. And of course, he didn't smile. Typical Billy.

 But I'm trying not to get too excited about it all. I will get to see him in his dress blues and he has already told me he looks awesome in them. So, that's going to incredibly wonderful! (I've already written 'camera' on my list - so I will get plenty of pics for everyone to see)

Oh and in the 6 minutes we were allowed to talk tonight (double the time we had yesterday) he told me that his papers still haven't been fixed. GOOD GRIEF!!! But he did talk to the housing department and they told him to fax his wrong orders to them and they can at least get the process started. But if we send the wrong papers to transportation (movers) then he'll only be allowed to move 5000 pounds. Trust me when I say that is not going to fly. I'm not going to flip out. I'm simply floating. At this point, I don't care what other piece of crap hits the fan, I'm just going to FLIPPIN FLOAT! *insert big cheesy sarcastic grin*
So, more than likely I'll be blogging from the phone - or maybe not at all. But I hope to get as many pictures and memories out of this quick little trip to Virginia as I can. Most of all, I'm just beyond happy that he's almost home.

No comments: