Tuesday, September 6, 2011

The chicken or the egg??

I can hardly believe it's been almost a week since I posted anything. I'm terribly sorry!! But it's been the most incredible week! So much has happened, and yet not really that much has happened. LOL! Kinda hard to explain.

First, I'll let you know how things went for Billy's AIT graduation. It was Thursday morning. It was one of those very small and intimate ceremonies. I don't think there was more than about 20 family members, 40 soldiers, and about 5 important people. Very small. So small, I felt really strange with my big whoppin camera out. But they showed a couple videos. The mother in front of me (whom I like to call King Kong because she was so friggin tall and I had a very hard time seeing around her) cried like a looney toon. It was a very touching little video, but I'd already seen it and obviously wasn't seeing it this time around her big head.... but whatever. Anyway... moving on. They read each of the soldiers' names and they got to walk across a stage and get a "diploma" and their Sgt put their Transportation Pin on their uniform. Oh and by the way... Billy didn't lie. He does look AWESOME in his dress blues. After the ceremony, we had to wait for everyone to get signed out and released. Only took seven and a half hours. Yup. Only.

Friday, we stayed in Virginia and did some sight seeing. Well, if you can call Five Guys Burgers and Fries and Harry Potter Deathly Hallows Part 2 sight seeing. But we did got to a local beach and had a nice long conversation. It's funny after all these years, we can still talk about things that happened when we first got together that surprise each other. Not sure if I said that right... but it was just good to talk about some stuff. Anyway, Friday night we spent about two hours sorting through all his paperwork and getting things organized. Lots of paperwork! LOTS of paperwork!!

Saturday, we wake up way too early and go to the airport. Flying home was fun. It was wonderful just being together and cracking up about stupid things. I almost didn't get sick on this plane ride. But we get to the airport and our children were there waiting for us with their signs and big grins. It was a nice homecoming! Once we actually got home and unloaded the car, Billy couldn't sit still. He was so used to moving constantly, he didn't even sit down in his recliner until later that night. It was kinda funny.

Sunday, we went to church and got to see a lot of people we hadn't seen in a while. It was super nice. Plus, that evening we ended up going over to his friend's Jonathan's mother's house since Jonathan was in town for the four day weekend. It was really great for Billy and Jonathan to just talk. I sat in between them and got 'tennis match neck' from trying to keep up with their conversation. Geez! And the kids had the best time running around with all the other kids there. It was a very noisy but fun day. Oh and I left my phone at home ALL day and never missed it once. Now that I don't have to worry about missing a call from Billy, I can leave that dastardly device at home!!!

Monday, we did nothing. NOTHING! Well, Billy took a four hour nap in his recliner. I knew it was coming, just took him a couple days to feel at home enough to have his good nap. While he slept, I finally got in William's room and packed up four more boxes of toys and books. I can actually close his toy box. Mission accomplished!!

And that brings us to today. Billy reported in early for his HRAP (hometown recruiting) duties. I went to my weekly prayer group. I am really going to miss those gals! I couldn't hold back the tears when a friend said our group would certainly have a hole once I am gone. But we prayed that my new home would find me another group of Godly women that I can become a part of. And now I'm here at home... trying to figure out which comes first... the chicken or the egg. Or rather the house or the movers. Do I try to get a house first and set up a lease signing date without knowing if the movers will be able to pick up our stuff on time? OR do I try to set up the movers and chance our house being ready?? It's very confusing. But I'll figure it out. Maybe. Too bad the two departments aren't run by the same people. That would make things much easier. Oh wait.. we're talking about the Army. Ain't nothing easy.

By the way... did I mention how terrifically wonderful and marvelous and glorious and awesome and exciting and relaxing and amazing it is to have my husband home?? Love it!!

1 comment:

HeatherandTanner said...

:)!!!!! I would say set up the movers... the movers never get there in a timely fashion anyways, so you can always say "oh, wait! we are going to be at this address instead" (or rather I think that you can say that... you should double check though)