Sunday, September 25, 2011

Oh Television... how I've missed thee!

Today I discovered the most awesome thing ever!!! Primetime On Demand! I never get to watch television because I've always got dishes to wash or kids to tend to in the evenings. However, today during a bit of quiet time, I found a channel on our new cable called Primetime On Demand. It is AWESOME! I got to watch all the shows I'd missed (all the season premieres) this week. So today I kept my nose in the television until I ran out of shows to watch. It was great! Plus, we needed that kind of lazy day. Yes, I still have a few boxes to unpack. But it's mostly my stuff - like clothes or pictures to hang. Since I'm OK with wearing the same couple outfits over and over and I'm not going to hang pictures until Billy starts working... I allowed myself a day off. (By the way... new favorite show is "A Gifted Man" - so GOOD!)

This evening we took another walk. From my door step to the school front door is 7 whole minutes. Walking. I LOVE THAT! So, we mapped out the quickest route to get the kids to school in the morning. I think they are super excited. I know I am! Emma already told me this morning that it is imperative that she looks incredibly cute tomorrow for her first day. Of course, I think she's always cute. But she's ten and well... I get it. Allison wouldn't eat anything for dinner tonight. She said she felt like she needed to throw up. This is the same thing that she went through right before Billy left for Basic and before we left TN. She keeps her nerves in her belly apparently. But I think she's going to be fine once she gets there and meets some new friends. I have no doubt they will both do extremely well.

And Billy was going to report in tomorrow, but they are off tomorrow. So, he gets one more day off. Once the girls get to school, he and I and William are going to head back to Fort Bragg and try the whole drive around post one more time. Gonna dig out the map this time. =) And Billy said he needs a hair cut. He just had one last week, but he says he'll get one every week... I think I'm going to have to find the old clippers and try and learn how to do a 'high and tight' because that is ridiculous!

Anyway, we've got a big week ahead of us. Once I get my pictures on the wall and my clothes put away... I plan on making a little video of our new house to share. I kinda love it. Tonight when we got home from our walk, there was about 12 kids of all ages playing outside in the street in front of our house. It was just like something out of 60's sitcom. Parents sitting on the porches and the kids playing ball in the street. Of course, there was the kid who yelled, "Car!!" and the streets would clear out. But soon enough, the street was full of kids and bikes and balls again after the car was gone. Just kinda neat. I think we're going to like it here.

No comments: