Monday, September 12, 2011

It's crunch time

I'm tired. I'm just completely tired. But I've managed to accomplish so much in the past few days. So that's good. We've cleaned out the basement - completely. We've gone through each room and collected another couple truck loads of junk to take to Goodwill. The movers will be here tomorrow to do an inventory. And then come back later this week to pack. And if all goes according to plan, we'll be headed to North Carolina in one weeks time.
I've been so busy, I haven't had much time to think about what's going on. We did have a little farewell party this weekend. And we had a great turn out. So many good friends came and the kids just had a blast. I'm so glad we did that. There were so many people that showed up, I barely had time to talk to them all. But it was still just so nice to see everyone. My mom and aunt drove down from Kentucky and it was nice to sit out on the porch and enjoy each other yesterday. I was proud of myself for not having a meltdown while she was here. I waited until she got down the drive way to shed my tears. But I know this isn't permanent. It'll be the holidays before we know it, and I'm praying we'll get a chance to come back home to visit.
The girls only have a few more days of school left. And Allison has been scared to death that we'd move before her best friend's birthday party this weekend. So, I'm glad the movers aren't coming for our stuff until Monday. She'll get to go to the party after all. That was her only concern. I've been trying to "talk up" our new house for William. So now every time we get in the car he asks if we are going to our new house. Maybe I should have waited... LOL! And Emma is... well she is Emma. Ready to get to our new house and yet not really ready to leave her friends. Which really, is true for all of us.
Cute William Story... tonight he had his plate at the table. Wait... a little background info here. He won't eat anything I prepare. He tries to talk me into giving him a yogurt about an hour after dinner time since he didn't eat a good dinner. But I've learned his little trick. So, I leave his plate on the table until he is in bed asleep. And if he comes in to tell me he's still hungry, I just direct him to his plate. Well, tonight he leaves his plate on the table. After we'd all left the table, I see him in the kitchen sneaking across the floor, plate in hand, headed toward the trash can with a huge grin on his face. He must have felt my glare because he looks at me and when he sees my face, he stops dead in his tracks. He gives me a little shrug and "I'm totally innocent" smile, but when he realizes his plan has been foiled, his face turns from happy grin to completely defeated frown. He turns around and stomps back to the table where he puts his plate down, sits on the chair, puts his face in his hand, and grumbles a few words as he takes another bite of food. I don't think I've ever seen anything as cute as that in my life.

No comments: