Friday, September 30, 2011

Slumber Party... already?

Yes Yes... Here I am with a house full of kids - 6 to be exact. All under the age of 11. Sure, let's have a slumber party on our first week of school. What better way to make new friends!! It's actually not so bad. These kids are behaving and playing together awesomely. Is that a word? Oh well.. it is now. Awesomely! Anyway, one girl asked if she could come over because her parents wanted to go to a party for a friend who is deploying. And then that turned into another girl coming over and then another girl. Good grief. I wish I could make friends that easy. Although I did meet a gal up the road who is a very seasoned Army wife. She's been doing it for 8 years (I think). And when I pass her on the way to the mail box, we'll chat for a few minutes. I think next week, I'll try and go to a playgroup at the park for William. Where there's toddlers, there are moms. So maybe I'll meet some ladies there. We'll see. It would just be nice to know a few people around here. If for no other reason than to just be able to ask where places are. LOL! I'm still lost as an Easter Egg out here.

I really wish I had something extremely awesome to tell you. I'm kinda boring today. Allison stayed home feeling a little puny this morning - although you'd never know it now. But we hung out and watched TV today. I really wanted to go on an adventure today and explore some, but oh well. We'll just wait until tomorrow.

I suppose I'll make this a quick post since I need to be herding children to bed and it is midnight. Ya'll have a good night!!

No comments: