Thursday, September 29, 2011

As requested...

Before we get to the video of the house (I know I know... you've waited so long and it is just cruel to make you wait a few moments more... of course you can always skip my dialogue and go straight to the clip...but whatever) I just wanted to say that I think I finally miss home a little. I sat down this morning and watched a Brad Paisley video and just felt like going home. BUT...Now that house is good to go, as you will see in the video (unless you were rude and skipped ahead ... again ... whatever), I kinda have to find a new purpose during the day. William and I plan on making the most of our days... but everything I have left on my list of things to do require that I sit at the computer. And then Will just sits here and zones out on television, as you will see in the video (again... unless you have no patience and scrolled on down. What. Ever.). And that is just no fun. So, I'm going to start getting up in the mornings and after the house is clean and all the chores are done, I'm going to just start exploring the area. I want to find the most awesomest park for the kids to play in. I want to find a pumpkin patch that we can go to in the next few weeks. (I'm really going to miss going to Jackson's Orchard this year) I want to find the friggin post office which is something William and I failed at miserably yesterday. Sigh...
But anyway... Billy goes to his actual unit today. I'm a little nervous about this. I don't really know why. But now that his in-processing is over, he'll start doing his actual job soon. Which this just means getting up at 4 am so he can make it to PT and then being gone for who knows how many hours a day. I've decided that he has found himself a new mistress - and her name is Army. I'm the wife he comes home to everyday, but the Army has his attention while he's away. It's a little different than just having a job where you can come home and leave the office at the office. But, we'll adjust. We're Blackburns!!!
Anywho... Emma brought home a form from the school nurse saying she needed more immunizations that are required. OOPPSIES!!! So, today I got to spend a nice little bit of time on the phone with our insurance stuff. Billy switched our insurance level this week and it won't be active until Nov 1st so I was trying to figure out how to see a doctor with the old insurance and blah blah blah. But we got it worked out. I think.
Oh and did I tell you how freakin hot it is here in North Carolina. Not a fan so far. The temperature says 85 but it's like 300% humidity and therefore feels like 107 outside. It's even hotter than Tennessee. I don't like it. I THINK we're supposed to have a cool snap this weekend. So, maybe I'll change my mind.
OKOKOK... I know... You're ready for the video. I would just like to take this time to thank all the viewers who stuck with it during my stupid ramblings. You may consider yourselves true fans... because I certainly do. And for those who didn't... whatever.
So without further ado...

5 comments:

Dawn said...

Ok - just a few things...
#1 - the house is awesome!
#2 - I want an Army tshirt
#3 - I don't know when I've seen your hair that long
#4 - exactly how much weight have you lost?!?!?

Love you so much!
DT

BBlackburn said...

Well you just made my day, Dawn! Army t shirts available at Cracker Barrel. And I don't think I've had my hair this long since high school. And I'm getting close to having lost 40 pounds. Whoo hoo!! Although I haven't stuck to any sort of exercise or diet since billys been home. But I'll be back on my kick soon!!
But as you can see, there is plenty of room for you gals. You are welcome anytime!!!! Just pick a date. =} and by the way, it is a straight shot on I40. Pretty much the whole way.

Sara said...

The house is awesome, Becky! Wow, the closet space is amazing! I'm sure it will seem more & more like home each day. Love y'all!

Anonymous said...

Love the house, Becky! It looks great!

HeatherandTanner said...

I LOVE that house!!