Saturday, May 14, 2011

Renaissance Festival

Despite the 50% chance of rain, the kids and I took off to the Renaissance Festival this morning. We got there and took a tour of the castle and then as we were about to enter the 'forest' where the actual festival is, the bottom dropped out. So $10 worth of ponchos later, we managed to have a really great day! Here are some photos for you:
This castle just gets neater every year. I love that he adds things to it each time. So pretty!

Where else can you get a camel ride led by a man in a top hat?

Human Chess match (on the stage in the background is Queen Elizabeth)

William got attacked by these fairies and woodland creatures. They just walked up to him and started petting on him and looking at his clothes and necklace pretending they'd never seen such a thing as a young boy. He just LOVED them!

This is a ride (swings) that these two 'pirates' manually cranked the wheel to spin them. Will didn't get to ride and cried, "I want to be big! I want to be big!" the whole time the girls were on it. Broke my heart.

Day 5 of 57 - "what have you learned in the past month?" Um... there is just too much to list here. But I'll try to post the highlights... I learned that the last week of your senior year in college is the hardest ever. I learned that William really will eat carrots. I learned that Emma can play the recorder with her nose. I learned that Allison is a great swimmer. And most importantly, I learned that separation really does make the heart grow fonder. 

No comments: