Sunday, May 29, 2011

Catch Up!

We are 37 days away from seeing Billy. That's sooo exciting! So, I'm going to play catch up tonight on my 57 days of posting. I think I've done 12 and should be on day 20. Oooppss!!!

Ok Day 12 of 57 - "A travel story"
The only real trip that comes to mind is when Billy and I got lost on our way to our honeymoon. We ended up in North Carolina about 100 miles off the mark. LOL! But it was a fun drive anyway. I don't think we got there until way into the morning. I know it was super dark and the cabin we were in was this tiny little nothing in the absolute middle of nowhere. So, we just missed it altogether. When we started seeing signs for North Carolina, we were like um... what???

Day 13 of 57 - "someone you want to switch lives with for one day and why?"
I would have to say Jane Austen. I would love to just be inside her mind for a little while. Just to find out what her heart was really full of... pain or joy? remorse or contentment? true real life love or admiration from a distance?? For someone who never married, her novels always seem to catch the exact theme of love and marriage. A true genius!

Day 14 of 57 -  " a hobby"
Um... I don't know. I like to read. I love to watch movies... I have tried cross stitch - nope. I've tried sewing - nope. I have tried scrapbooking - a big no. I have tried making hair bows and did OK for a while until my kids decided they didn't like hairbows anymore. And then I'm not much into sports or outdoorsy things - so hiking and bike riding is out. Maybe blogging is a hobby??

Day 15 of 57 - "a picture of something that makes you happy"

Me and My sissy.... we always find something to laugh about











Day 16 of 57 - "a book you've read that changed your views on something"
UGH! This is hard! I just finished reading "The Help" and man, it was good! I don't know if it shifted my ground at all, but it certainly made me more aware of things.

Day 17 of 57 - "what makes you different from everyone else?"
Well, I am a grown woman and yet I am only one inch shy of being legally required to sit in a child car seat. : )

Day 18 of 57 - "a child I love"
Well... this is just too easy! My wonderful Emma - whose beauty is deeper than she even knows. My Amazing Allison - whose heart is bigger than anything I know. And my lovely William-  whose constant entertainment makes me so thankful to have such a sweet baby in my life.

Day 19 of 57 - "what's the best thing going for you right now"
No Car Payment - YAY!

Day 20 of 57 - "something you bought recently"
Well we got our t-shirts for VBS and Emma got some new clothes for summer camp.

Day 21 of 57 - "a favorite quote"
"It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. It's the hard that makes it great!" A League of Their Own


And now I'm caught up! I think.
No news from Billy this weekend. I saw that some people from Billy's unit got to call home yesterday - and some called for like 30 minutes. I was half expecting a call today, but didn't get one. So now I'm a little bummed out. BUT we did get our plane tickets set for graduation. I can't wait!!! But of course that only means that I only have 37 days to lose 30 pounds. Yeah... ain't happening!

2 comments:

HeatherandTanner said...

I am so glad that you did this! :) I can't believe that you are short. I always imagined you as tall! Dang friendships that we have without meeting. I guess we will just have to fix that one day!
Maybe he will call tomorrow! They all have the day "off." :)

BBlackburn said...

Heather - I just act tall. =) And we should pray for the same FDS, OK? Then maybe we could be neighbors!!