Thursday, May 5, 2011

Fun Run

Tomorrow the girls are participating in the Spring Fun Run at school. Basically it is a run for money kinda deal. I sponsored them at $1 per lap. Secretly I am really hoping the laps are huge. Is that awful? It's just I would feel like Michael Scott on The Office and donate way too much and then have to pay up. I don't think a dollar is that much. But if we're talking a lap around the gymnasium... we're talking like $20 a kid easily. Especially the way Allison runs. But the girls have their Tshirts all set out and everyone is super excited about it. Even Emma, who has a double ear infection right now is willing to push through the pain and go. I don't know if she'll make it or not. She was pretty much down for the count today. She had some serious pain going on. I know how she feels. No fun!

I've met a couple women whose husbands are at Fort Jackson with Billy. We aren't sure if they know each other yet. But they for sure all got there at the same time so it is probable that they could be in the same company. I would love that! I would love to know someone who we might get to meet later on at graduation. I've met some wonderful people through this process. The Army is like one big extended family. (and by "meet" I mean talk to online. I've not met anyone in person yet. LOL)

Yard Sale deal of the week - I found a coffee pot for $2. It is a 10 cup coffee pot, where mine was only a 4 cup. It was really hard to make enough coffee for everyone in a 4 cupper. Got the 10 cupper home today and ran vinegar through it and then ran clean water through it about 6 times - made a WHOLE pot of coffee, drank one sip, enjoyed it immensely, and then dumped the rest out. LOL! I don't know why except that I just wasn't in the mood for coffee at 2 in the afternoon.

Keep checking the mail for any news from Billy. Nothing again today. It's been one week since I've had any contact with him (if you don't count the phone mishap from Sunday). This is a very long time to not talk to him. But really, I pretty much tell him every little detail of our day in my letters to him, so it doesn't feel like I'm really missing him. I just don't have any responses. Oh well... maybe one will come soon.

No comments: