Monday, May 9, 2011

Communication is key

Not hearing from Billy has to be the hardest part of this whole thing. I can deal with the kids, the finances, the yard work (mostly), but I can't deal with not knowing how he is or if he is doing well or hating it. So many of my friends are getting cards and gifts for Mother's Day and I didn't even get a phone call. I know he would have called if he could have, but I'm just not liking this lack of communication. I know it gets better the further he phases down through the training. But, if I'm having a hard time, it breaks my heart to think how he's dealing with all of this. Actually, he's probably dealing with it just fine. I've mailed him 8 letters so far. Well, 8 envelopes - and a letter for every day he's been gone. If he's getting them, then he's probably doing better than I am.

Anyway, that is all...

1 comment:

HeatherandTanner said...

As hard as it is, I heard this a lot and now live by it "no news is good news." He is the safest that he can be right now. The first few weeks suck!