Sunday, May 1, 2011

Lady in Waiting

After all my precautions and efforts to keep my phone as close to me as possible, I still managed to miss his call today. The phone never rang. It chirped like it was about to ring. I pick it up to see 'one missed call' and a 'voicemail.' He was not too happy according to his message. So, I almost think why even bother? I've KILLED myself over this dang phone waiting on his call. Putting everything on hold in case I missed it. And then I miss it anyway.
So whatever.
Tomorrow I'm moving on. I can't be a slave to this phone. I will go work out. I will take the kids swimming. I will take a shower for longer than 5 minutes. I will sleep with my head on the pillow and I will charge my phone at night. I will turn the radio on in the car. I will do everything I haven't been able to do b/c I'm scared to miss his call. That is no way to live. I love him and I miss him more than he knows. And I can't help it when AT&T decides to drop my call. But I'm moving on. I will write him my 4+ page letters every day even though I don't have his address yet. And I will continue to send him every bit of love I can share in words. But I have a job to do here and unfortunately that job title is not "Lady in Waiting."

It's not been a good day.

2 comments:

HeatherandTanner said...

That is something that you normally learn later on in training, but good for you! I make sure that I have my phone with me everywhere I am still, but I don't freak out if I go to the bathroom and accidentally leave it in my room like I used to lol

BBlackburn said...

yeah, I'm pretty sure I will still be a freak about it. =) To miss one call stunk. To miss two - you might as well just write me off.