Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Really?

I guess we couldn't get only good news today. But after Billy did his test, he sat down with the recruiters and got his shipment papers done. Recruiter told him he had to be there at noon on Sunday. That SUPER stinks! I had thought when they originally told us 1 pm, that maybe we could talk him into coming in at like 2 or 3 even. But nope. Instead of move the time later, they made it earlier. So, we'll have just enough time Sunday to check out Easter baskets, get dressed, head to early church and take him straight over. Not even time to eat lunch. Maybe they did that on purpose so that Billy wouldn't feel tempted to eat a load of junk before he went. But then he's just going to have to sit in a hotel room for hours upon hours until he leaves for Jackson. And even then, they couldn't tell him if he's taking a bus or an airplane. I'm not even sure I know how to feel about that.

But in better news... Allison brought me a letter she wrote for her daddy. I tried to memorize it before she sealed the envelope, but it was more like "Daddy, I love you and I am happy for you being in the Army. I will miss you a lot. Love, Allison"  So, progress is being made. But I did call the school guidance counselor today and left a message for her to call me. I just wanted her to have a heads up with what the girls were going through.

And Emma is going to be the death of me, I swear it. Yesterday she insisted on wearing these high heal open toed shoes to school for picture day. By 11 am her feet were blistered and she was miserable. Me being the most horrible mean mother on the planet decided she made her bed and needed to lie in it. Billy and I both warned her that those shoes were bad news. Did she listen?? Um, no and then I made her wear those shoes all day. So today she wore flip flops. And her toes were still sore from the previous day and after lunch she called me to bring her some neosporin because according to her, her toe was swollen and bleeding. Apparently a tiny red dot the size of a ball point pen constitutes a swollen and infected toe. I could have killed her. Thank goodness her PawPaw came in the school office right at that time. But then apparently he didn't get the memo because he asked me how I was holding up. Almost lost it. That was the one time I was actually glad Emma interrupted.

And finally, I find out tonight that my final project not only has to be submitted in digital form online, but that I have to mail a hardcopy to her before next Wednesday. So, I guess now I have to go buy some fancy report cover and all that jazz. I wonder if I took it to Office Depot, they could print it in book form and bind it for me.?..?? Hmm... I'll call and find out. Well I'll call tomorrow...

1 comment:

HeatherandTanner said...

You'll find that sometimes, things with the Army when it comes to the Recruiters is not fun. I really had no idea how much they "fibbed" until after Tanner was gone. Hang in there!