Sunday, April 10, 2011

Have a little more to say...

Ok... so I am at this very moment officially procrastinating yet another homework assignment. It's like the end is so close... I can feel it! But I just do not want to spend the next three hours writing about intercultural communication in health care communities nor do I want to pretend I give a darn about it either. I'm also supposed to write two 3 page essays (one of which was due two days ago) and seriously... need  some serious prayers to get me through it. I really need some serious prayer. Really. Seriously. As Pastor Steve this morning said, never under-estimate the power of prayer. But I still have some more things to post, so I will get to my papers soon. I promise.

Ok first... I turned our A/C back off. I had it turned on while my mom and aunt were here, but then I figure we can sleep in our undies again. So, we've got all the windows open and the fans are a-blowin.... yay. Let's just hope there is nothing that would cause everyone to evacuate the house during the night. We'd all look like nuts in our skibbies outside in the middle of the night.

Second, Allison pulled another tooth this morning. She's hilarious! We got to spend the majority of Saturday with her on our one-on-one weekend trips. We went to the Adventure Science Center in Nashville. We had such a great time!! She got to explore with the dinosaurs, walk through a brain, stand inside a guitar, bounce planets around with her shadow, eat dippin dots for the first time, play a piano like the one in "Big," walk through a heart, walk on the moon, ride a roller coaster, and slide down the bowels and land with a nice loud juicy toot. All in all, it was a great day. Billy's got all the pictures on his phone... so until he can send them to me.. you'll have to wait.

Speaking of pictures on Billy's phone... he got himself a nice picture of a 3 foot solid black shiny snake in our back yard today. First snake we've seen since we've been there. (except for the water moccasin Billy's step brother said he saw near the barn last summer) I need to look it up and see what kind of snake this black one was.

And alright... in two weeks, Billy will be gone. His recruiter told him to start meeting him tomorrow morning for some kick-your-butt workouts. They want to try and get his weight down and get his running time better. I've been praying for this and I'm just so glad he's getting the chance to improve before he leaves.

Well, I really need to get this homework out of the way. It ain't gonna get done by itself...

No comments: