Wednesday, April 6, 2011

A Most Productive Day

Not sure what hit me this morning, but we woke up and did a marathon cleaning stretch in the basement. It was insane how much we accomplished. I took yet another load of junk off to Goodwill. We have little corners in the basement set aside for things we have borrowed from family members that need to be returned. Memaw and Papa have a corner. Granny has a corner. Mimi has a corner. Papaw has a corner. We have our own corner (of stuff we are going to take with us). The Maury County Dump has a corner. Billy's friend Tony has a corner. And Billy's old boss had a corner until his stuff was returned to him tonight. Apparently we have an octagon shaped basement. Nevermind, bad joke. Emma's studying geometry. It's on the brain.

Debbie Downer Alert!! You know how I said deaths come in Three's. Well, Billy got a call yesterday that a guy he used to work for passed away of cancer. Kinda sad.

This morning I sat here and watch Emma put on her blue jeans. It literally took her four minutes. FOUR minutes. I was getting so frustrated. She has no concept of HURRY. So, I told her I had never met anyone so slow in my entire life. She looked at me and said, "Hi I'm Emma....... Now we've met." Little turd.

Billy is leaving in 17 days. It is crazy. He has told me time and time again he doesn't want any kind of party or send off. He just wants to be as stress free as possible the next two weeks. I think that sounds like a great plan. However, I can think of nothing but things that stress me out. It's just keeping it to myself is that hard part. I guess I'd better get used to it though. Soon I'll be having all the stress and absolutely no one to share it with.

Oh and James Dean (Billy's nephew) has a corner. What is a shape with nine points?

1 comment:

Sara said...

You can share the stress with me if you ever feel the need. Praying for ya'll!

Sara Vick