Thursday, April 14, 2011

Lawn Mower Man

SOOOOO today was interesting. LOL!!! Started out as a normal day. Went to work out for the first time in three weeks. Ran a few errands. Came home and Billy and I decided we would mow the yard. Good heavens!! It just went all down hill from there. See, last time we mowed the yard, Billy went and bought new blades for the tractor because the other ones were well let's just say they were awful. Problem is, he got the wrong blades. He didn't admit they were the wrong ones, but I feel like they were. So Billy tries to mow the yard and it looks like someone hacked it with dull kid scissors. THEN he hits something that sounded like a boulder. Turns out the blade came off and bent the tarnation out of the mower deck which caused the blade to stick. (I've learned lots of new tractor mowing lingo today) So, Billy and I removed the deck and all the springy thingies and belts and clippy things. Then we (well Billy really) beat the deck like heck with a ten pound hammer to get it back in shape. LONG story short... Billy had to go buy ANOTHER set of blades for this stupid tractor, and after putting them back on, he was able to mow the yard in the dark. : ) What a mess.

I am sure no one really cares about our yard mowing adventure. But I was proud of us. Billy and I managed to take an extremely stressful situation and fix it without ONE fight. 

And to update you on Billy's fitness - he did 12 laps around the mall today. But he didn't time himself. So, we still aren't sure if he can do a mile in 8 minutes. I think Saturday, I'm going to take him to a track over at the school and have him run it while I time him. He takes his real test Tuesday. Lots and lots of prayers for him. And the good news is, his weight is still kinda iffy - but his body fat measurements are well below their max. So, he should be alright in that area.

But we're down to the single digits now. Only 9 days left. UGH! I think we're ready. Almost. We got our paper work out of the way today. We just need to get some more junk out of the garage/ basement and take my piano over to the MIL's house.

Anyway, I'm thinking about signing Allison up for swim lessons. I'm trying to get Emma signed up for 4H summer camp (if we can get the scholarship we applied for) Basically, I'm trying to find plenty of ways to stay busy while Billy's gone this summer.

I feel like my thoughts are all over the place tonight. Sorry. I'm going to end this now before I bore you all to death.

No comments: