Monday, April 18, 2011

Happy Birthday, Billy!

Today Billy turned 36. All in all, it was a rather boring day. Got up. Went to work out. Ate lunch. Came home. Took a nap. Straightened the house. Ate dinner. blah blah blah... He told me a thousand times not to get him anything for his birthday. So, I didn't. He wouldn't even let me pick him out a cheap wallet to take with him to training. I think tomorrow, when he's least expecting it, I'll go get him a wallet and some stamps.

Speaking of stamps, Allison got a bit upset tonight over Billy leaving. Emma and I were trying to get her to write Billy a letter for him to take with him. She has a total meltdown and the only thing she wrote on the paper was "I hate the Army."  I do not know how to deal with that. We had a little talk about how daddy doesn't WANT to be gone, but he does want to do this amazing thing. And that we need to support him and not let him see us get all upset. It's just too much for a young mind to comprehend. I get it. I mean, crap - I have meltdowns almost every day now. I told her it was OK to cry. But it isn't OK to let daddy feel bad about his decision. So... we'll see how this weekend goes. FLOATING - I'm just floating.

I haven't done a darn thing for school in three days. I can't even think about all these final assignments coming due. I mean, I get all anxious - like I'm running out of time to do it. So, I've been putting everything off until next week. For one reason, it will give me a great distraction and keep my mind off of worrying about Billy. And another reason, I just don't want to spend this week dealing with it when I could be hanging out with him. And lastly, nothing is technically due until April 27-May 2. So, I can cram it all in next week. And then Emma comes home today with her big news. She has to have a science fair project report and the whole nine yards due May 2nd. I literally started crying. She was like, "what is wrong with you??" My anxious went from present to screaming "Help Me!!!!" in my brain!!! FLOATING FLOATING FLOATING!!!!!!

Lastly, we still haven't moved my piano to my mother-in-law's house. We've been waiting on A. a sunny day and B. a day when Billy's dad can help him. So, far these two things have not lined up. If it is sunny, his dad is gone. If his dad is here, it is raining. And now they're calling for rain the rest of the week. floating floating floating floating floating floating.....

Please pray for Billy's physical assessment tomorrow. I'll let you know.

No comments: