Saturday, April 23, 2011

Like a bandaid

The bags are packed, the documents have been checked and re-checked, the stuff is by the door... and now we just gotta get him gone. This is pretty much how things will go. See, Billy doesn't leave for Fort Jackson until Monday. But we still have to take him to his recruiter tomorrow and say our goodbyes there. One of the many things Billy and I discussed on our date night was if I should drive into Nashville and see him off from the processing place (MEPs) on Monday. He thinks it would be best not to. His exact words were, "let's do this like a bandaid. Fast and painful, but not drawn out and miserable." So, I kinda agree. Like a bandaid.

But today was nice. I can't believe how fast it went. We got up and I had to get to the post office first thing, so we all go into town. Then realized we had a few hours to kill so we wandered around WalMart for a while. LOL!! Then we went to our church Easter Egg hunt. William only picked up the green eggs. That's his favorite color. HAHA!!! I'll try and post pictures (i'm on the laptop and it is stupid)

Anyway, that's all I know for now. I still gotta go prepare the Easter Baskets for the morning. It's going to be a LONG day tomorrow. I will not lose it. I will simply float. Float Float Float.

Oh and one last thing... Billy's grandmother is sick with bronchitis and the doctors told her she was contagious. So she hasn't been able to see Billy before he leaves. And that also means that her son (Billy's uncle) didn't get to come in for Easter and see Billy either. I know they wanted to see him, but he'll be back in a few months. And I promise to get Billy's address to everyone I know as soon as he calls me with it.

Happy Easter folks!

No comments: