Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Oh Happy Day!

Sometimes you just have too much wonderful in one day, you almost wish you could spread it out over a few days. But not today. Today had just the perfect amount of wonderful!! I do not want to share any of the wonderful with any other day. It was just a perfectly wonderful day.

First, I got to talk to Billy. It was a MUCH better conversation than yesterday. He called 10 minutes before my conference call for my project for school. We probably could have talked longer, but that's ok. He sounded like my Billy. making jokes and talking about what all he's had to do. (huge difference from last night when he sounded like he had been beaten with a club) They gave him new tennis shoes and so he donated his to charity ($60 bucks down the drain). And he got boots but no uniform yet. So they are all walking around in running shorts, tshirts, and green knee high wool socks with combat boots on. LOL!!!! He said they had some thing to do last night and didn't get in until 1 am and had to get back up at 3, and then some colonel came out there asked them what time they got in last night and then started "cussing like Chris Rock" saying they should have got more sleep and that this "$#!T had to stop!" LOL! So, he was glad someone stood up for them. [[And according to my Dad (a Navy Vet) this is a good cop/ bad cop tactic the drill sgts and colonels like to play to mess with the privates - HAHA!! But we won't share this with Billy, Ok]] Then he said he bought a new wallet. (little terd! I knew he would need one) And he said he got to keep his notebook and pens I sent with him - we were afraid they would dump it. What else... it was like a 6 minute phone call. A great 6 minutes cut too short because of my stupid conference call. Oh well!

And then, I got a great review of my big project for school. I am very excited about it! And SOOO glad to be done with that.

THEN, I get a phone call from the 4H gal and she told me that Emma is getting the scholarship to go to summer camp! I don't know when I've seen Emma so pleased!! I can't wait for her to make some really awesome memories. (I still remember my time at summer camp. Had my first slow dance with Brandon. Almost 30 years later, and I still see it like it was yesterday. I can't hear Barry Manilow without it taking me back to Woodmen of World camp - but that is neither here nor there - sorry)

Next, I have completed 4 out of 6 classes. DONE. But I saved the two whoppers for last. I reckon I'll be up late getting those done.

AND, I got ANOTHER phone call from Billy about an hour ago. I asked how the food was, he said he didn't know because he didn't feel like eating. I guess that is going to change when he gets hungry enough. I asked if he had gotten any shots and he said no that was tomorrow. He said he was bald now. But I was thinking, 'and that is different - how?' His humor was still good and he said they were about to head out again. If I am not mistaken, he almost sounded like he was enjoying himself now. OH and he said they were going downrange this weekend. (Going downrange means they leave reception and go to their actual basic training and get split into platoons and such) And then he had to go. I didn't even get to tell him any of my good news. But that's OK. I'll send him a letter. Or if he calls tomorrow maybe...

1 comment:

HeatherandTanner said...

Wow! You are one lucky lady! Most of us Army wives didn't get that amazing amount of contact :)