Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Echoes, Silence, Patience and Grace

Billy and I have never really agreed on music. I like to call his music "kill-yer-momma" music and he refers to mine as that "uuncha uuncha crap." [[ Let me clarify here: The reason I call it "kill-yer-momma" music is because sometimes a singer will just scream into the microphone and you have no idea what they are saying and they could be saying something horrible like "go kill your momma." I know that's wrong, but it is a joke and he hates it when I say it.]]  ANYWHO... Billy's favorite band is the Foo Fighters. I am not a fan (well, I wasn't a fan). Only because he does that screaming into the microphone thing that grates my nerves. But yesterday Billy played a song for me and without saying anything, we both knew how special this song is. And I will also say that I am a kinda-sorta fan of the Foo Fighters now - but only if they don't threaten my mom in their screaming lyrics.
So, I'm going to share this song with you. It makes me cry, so you might want to get our some tissues. I don't know if I'll be able to listen to it after he's gone.

But today Billy got to spend some much needed one-on-one time with his mom. I know they both enjoyed it and I'm so glad they got to hang out today. And while they were doing that I got to go get some Easter stuff for the kids. I found a section of greeting cards that were "support." Out of 300 something cards, there was ONE card for military. How pathetic. And it was super cheesy. So I bought it. LOL! But I got a few cards for Billy to send him from time to time. I gotta say, a couple of them choked me up. So here I am in Target trying to keep it together and Will (who is a little under the weather right now) leans over and says, "Mom, I just love you so much." Those little miracles that just make me smile... Love it!

And if you are wondering, when we are in the car, we usually listen to country - which is a fair compromise I think. : )

2 comments:

HeatherandTanner said...

Ok, I love the Foo Fighters, but haven't heard this!! I will definitely be buying this... Thank you for posting it :)

Unknown said...

Dave Grohl takes his mom on tour with them sometimes. Def not Kill Yer Momma music. Good luck guys.