Sunday, April 10, 2011

It's just been such a BLESSED day!!

I figured out what the most important things in life are a long time ago. I am thinking that maybe it really hit me with the birth of our first baby, Emma. Not that I didn't understand love and not that I didn't love the Lord or my dear Billy or my parents or siblings before that day in February ten years ago - but this was a love that I'd never really understood before. That unconditional love that God has for us. That blinding love that supplies you with a reason to be a better person. That makes you want to grow up. That kind of love that makes you fear for its absence. The kind of love you "think" you understand until you see your baby's face for the first time. Then you realize you just thought you knew. The birth of a child is an amazing thing. But to witness your child be REBORN and dedicate her life to a wonderful and glorious God is something that can fill your heart up so full you just know it is going to bust. Emma and I sat on her bed about six weeks ago and prayed a prayer that I am so blessed to have been a part of. And then today, Billy and I sat in the front row of The First Family Church in Columbia, TN and watched our baby girl show the world her new life and love in Jesus. There really is no greater feeling. We are so blessed and I could not be any more proud of my sweet girl. Emma, I love you!

***Apparently I got Billy's head in the shot... LOL!! Sorry***

And then here are a few shots of her before the service.

One of the helpers getting Emma ready


All dressed


Sporting the cool robe


Getting a little nervous


Getting a little excited


Emma and Brother Rick


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Praise the Lord!! I know this made your day.....My prayers are with you, Billy and your family in the upcoming months.....HUGS....gwen