Monday, April 11, 2011

Good old fashion butt kickin

So. Billy went for his morning workout today. It turned out to be a marathon. Run around the Columbia mall twice (outside) and then walk it once. And then run around twice again. And then walk once more. And then run two more times around and then walk around again. 9 trips around the mall. I think we figured it up to running four miles and walking two miles. But nobody timed him, so who knows if he made it in the 8 minutes. They don't seem too concerned about it. But I was certainly proud that he made it that far. I think he was too. Now that is what I call a good old fashion butt kickin!!!
Tomorrow we have an appointment with JAG (justice something general or also known as military lawyers) to get some power of attorney papers figured out so that I can take care of stuff while he's gone.

We got our final exam for my journalism class. It's another one of those essay exams. Three 900 word essays with references to reading material and outside sources. It is very similar to that horrible mid-term that I did not too long ago. BLECH! It isn't due until the week after Billy leaves. I think I'll use that as an excuse to keep myself busy. That along with my project presentation, a final exam, and two more final essays. ARGH!

Speaking of... I'm going to hit the books.

Army TidBit of the Day:
When a soldier gets mail there is a good chance that he could get push ups for just getting mail. Plus he could get push ups for each piece of mail (usually twenty push ups per letter). AND he will certainly get push ups for any "I love you" or hearts or kiss marks on the envelopes - usually twenty or more per endearment. And if you don't want everyone in your soldier's unit to hear all the details of your letter, you had better not put it in your letter because if your soldier's had a bad day, they (the drill sergeants) will try and make it worse by reading the soldier's mail out loud to the whole unit.   It sounds like a lot of fun, huh?

1 comment:

HeatherandTanner said...

Hehe. Tanner said that no one reads his letters so I put some pretty personal stuff in there (like how about the two of us.. lol). If he gets it read out loud, I don't care!