Monday, April 4, 2011

Good news and bad news

You want the good news or the bad news first?? Ok bad first...
I just learned the my Aunt Patsy passed away this afternoon. She was my dad's older (only) sister. Apparently she was in bad health and went in for a surgery and just never recovered. So, that's hard and it just happened so very fast. We tried to figure it up, but I think she was 69 years old. I hadn't seen Patsy in years. I think the last time I saw her was when they auctioned off my grandparent's house back several years ago. And even that was the first time I'd seen her in almost ten or fifteen years. We did email each other from time to time, but we're talking like once a year and it was mostly just to send pictures. But I hadn't heard from her in a couple years. It's just sad I guess. But rather than focus on the negatives, I'll just remember the good times. Like going on nature hikes in the woods, picking up rocks or moss and pine cones, bringing it all back and making little woodland creatures out of it. And I remember her laugh. So contagious.
And I hate to be all doomsday and stuff... but you know these things happen in three's. I just don't even want to think like that. But ugh.
I do have some good news though! Emma is going to be baptized this Sunday. We discussed it tonight and she had a choice of waiting until Easter or do it this week. She chose this Sunday and now we just have to call the pastor back tomorrow to confirm the date with him. We're just so happy!!! I'm just excited for her and sooo very much in love with that child!
Allison was supposed to have her one-on-one weekend this weekend, but we're going to have to do it a little weird, I guess. Since my mom is going to be coming here for the baptism, we're going to just let her keep Will and Emma home and then Billy and I are going to spend the weekend with Allison - out and about as much as possible. I got Allison's permission before we confirmed all these plans because I didn't want to hurt any feelings. But she was cool with it. She's just happy her Mimi is getting to come stay with us. (and so am I)

No comments: