Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Good Day

Today I kept my emotions in check ALL day. This is a good thing. : ) We got up early and went to the Y and I managed to get in a good solid hour of some great exercise. My feet hurt though. But I guess it could be worse. Billy ran/walked close to 6 miles - so that's great! I love that we are doing this together! YAY!!! Oh and William did so much better in Yplay. No fights, AMEN! Emma had horse riding at 4H again tonight. She got to ride all on her own and even get into a trot. She did really great for it only being her second time. She was much more confident. Well, not to mention her horse was almost a hundred years old and the shortest one out there. LOL! Whatever - she still did excellent! Love it!! Emma and I had a nice talk on the way home tonight about Army life. It's like I don't think she still understands what is about to happen. I told her daddy was leaving in 7 weeks and she seemed shocked! And then just talking about moving every few years and not ever really knowing where we'll be going or when... these are all things I don't think she quite understands. I'm going to look for a video for her to watch to help her and Allison get the gist of what's going on. Still haven't done my midterms yet. I have one due Friday - it is three essay questions and each question requires at least a 900 word response. UGH! The questions are bad, but I just don't know if I even have 900 words in me on the subject of foreign journalists. BLAH!!! Started counting calories today. I am using a website called livingstrong.com and it helps you track all your food intake, minus your activities converted in calories burned, and then lets you set up goals so you will lose the most weight. My daily calorie goal is 1300 and then considering my workout this morning, I was able to stay below my limit. So, we'll see if this really works. I'm determined not to become some fat gross Army wife. If Billy is going to look wonderful, I'm going to look wonderful too! Army TidBit of the Day: If you ever need to get a hold of Billy while he is either deployed or in training, the best way to do this is through the Red Cross. Here is their Emergency Hotline 1-877-272-7337. And of course emergency like a death or something.

No comments: