Thursday, March 10, 2011

Let's Get Physical

Tonight Billy went for another Future Soldier training event. When he came home he showed me this maneuver they had to do -which struck an interest in the kids. So, Allison is down on the floor with him while she and Billy do some sit-ups. Too cute! And then William decides he needs to do it too! And there are the three of them on the living room floor doing sit-ups. Will's were HILARIOUS. I don't even think I can create words elaborate enough to describe it. Kinda like a turtle on his back trying real hard to get some sense of ground to flip back over - maybe?? But once he got his back off the ground he would take his index finger and point to his toes and count "1" then he'd lay down and start over. Just watching made MY stomach muscles tighten. And then he'd finally get back up again.... "2" Totally adorable. I got a big surprise today when I went for a toning class at the Y. The lady was out sick so she had her sister come and do a zumba class. SOOOO Today I went to my first real zumba class. It's so much like the Zumba Wii only the class was an hour (video game = 20 minutes) There was great music and lots of other women trying desperately to keep up with the tiny, little, Beyonce-booty-shakin latino instructor. I give that gal some props though. She was a wonderful instructor and she can fo' sho' shake her groove thang! But I loved every minute of that class. Seriously fun! Allison got to school this morning with the florist foam dinosaur and apparently his head is starting to fall off. POOOOP! Oh and we didn't add food to his box. So, we'll have to grab some leaves on the way to the bus stop tomorrow. Just moments ago from the direction of Will's room there was a loud hissing and cat's roar. I turned around to see what was going on and there was William standing in the hall looking like a halo straight from heaven had just been dropped from the sky onto his head... "William, what was that?" "Oh mom, PeiPei is fine. Just fine." and then he proceeds to wrap his arms around me in a big ol hug. That boy... *sigh* Billy and I were going over a list of items in the house that we probably won't be taking with us into Army life. China cabinet, kitchen table and chairs (half of them are broke anyway), his entire basement full of tools, my great grandmother's dresser, his great granddaddy's dresser, pretty much anything big, old, or pointless. I guess we're going to sell it all. I think we're going to sell his truck too. Oh and his tuba...?? no clue what to do with that. Anybody want a tuba?? for decoration??? for kicks???? He doesn't want to get rid of it... but I can't imagine how we can tote it around either. And then we got to thinking about if we get sent to Germany or something. We'd have to put everything in storage anyway. *sigh* I will simply float.... I will simply float.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Is it wrong that I'd love it if you guys get sent to Germany? I need me some more European family!

Memaw said...

I have a place for the tuba. I have also worked out a place for the piano.

BBlackburn said...

Aja - I'd be so totally happy to move to Germany. And to be able to come visit you on a weekend - fabulous!!! You can take us to all the 'cool' places. LOL!!

And Memaw - we LOVE you soooo much! Thank you for helping us with that. (now, just to figure out how to move that piano again and before Billy leaves *sigh*)