Wednesday, March 16, 2011

38 Days

So... it's been a very productive day considering we got a late start. William got to spend the day with his Memaw and Papa and learned a new word - Oofta. :) And Billy and I went to the Y. Tracking my calories has been awesome. I've lost 4 pounds in just over 2 weeks. I know that is nothing spectacular - but at least I'm on target. 2 pounds a week. And from the time I started until the time Billy graduates - we have about 20 weeks. So, if I keep doing the 2 pounds a week - WHOO HOO!!! Billy and I will both look like a pair of hotties. well... that might be a bit much. Anyway, I'll be trying to get ahead in some school stuff the next couple weeks. I don't want to be stuck at the end of the semester with a trunk load of assignments and not be able to concentrate because of all the stuff we'll be doing to get Billy ready. And we're going to be cleaning out some major closets while the girls are on Spring Break. yay. fun. : / OK well... that's all I got for now. Army TidBit of the day: (two in two days - whoo hoo) Your FDS is the "first duty station." You will learn what your FDS is about 6 weeks prior to AIT (advanced individual training) graduation. You can pick your preferences, but if they need you to go somewhere - they will send you. No matter what your preferences were. Which means we could get Alaska, California, Washington State, New York, Louisiana, Virginia, South Carolina, Texas, Germany, Hawaii..... basically anywhere. Could you imagine learning you have to move to a completely foreign area and only have 6 weeks to plan it? And the 6 weeks isn't even a given. It could be less or more than that. So, as I told my friends this morning - let's pray us onto a beach - OK?

No comments: