Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Got some smart kids

So, Emma made Principal's list again. HOOAH! (last time she almost made it by one point... but that put her on Honor Roll anyway) We are so proud!! And Allison (who gets graded on a 1-2-3- scale) got mostly two's and a few three's. Trust me... this is very good. And then William and I were putting together his letter puzzles tonight and he decided it was too easy putting them in right, so he turned the puzzle upside down and was still able to find and place them all perfectly. YAY! That's an A in my book. Such a proud mommy right now! I got a little weepy today again. Billy and I had a long talk about what we are going to do if he is deployed and something happens to me - what's going to happen to the kids. Or worse, something happens to both of us. It's never a conversation that makes you wanna dance and laugh. We never really came to a good conclusion. But it certainly made the tears flow. I think that's why he changed the subject. I just couldn't handle it. Suck. Here's my Army TidBit of the day (or week I guess) Silent Ranks I wear no uniforms, no blues or army greens. But I am in the military in the ranks rarely seen. I have no rank upon my shoulders, salutes I do not give. But the military world is the place where I live. I'm not in the chain of command, orders I do not get. But my husband is the one who does, this I cannot forget. I'm not the one who fires the weapon, who puts my life on the line. But my job is just as tough. I'm the one that's left behind. My husband is a patriot, a brave and prideful man, And the call to serve his country, not all can understand. Behind the lines I see the things needed to keep this country free. My husband makes the sacrifice, but so do our kids and me. I love the man I married. Patriotism is his life. But I stand among the silent ranks known as the military wife. Author, unknown.

No comments: