Saturday, March 5, 2011

Her First Trophy

YAY!!! Allison got her very first trophy! She's so proud of it, I bet she slept with it last night. I was a little disappointed in her "party" though. Hardly any kids from her team showed up. It was basically just another day at the Y. You could swim, play basketball or eat ice cream. And then as the lady is scooping out your ice cream she tells you to go grab a trophy from the brown paper bag on the floor. Sure enough, there on the floor was a brown paper bag full of trophies for girls and boys. No name on it. Just a generic "winter basketball" blah blah blah. Did Allison care? heck no! She was THRILLED to have her first trophy. I mean thrilled. Hours later she came to me and said, "I GOT MY FIRST TROPHY TODAY!!" Her excitement was adorable. The school usually starts a spring league for bball but for third graders and up. Maybe we can squeeze her in there. I'm pretty sure Emma will cheer again. At least I hope so. Who knows, she may be to cool for that now. LOL! But yeah, I finished my mid-term from #$%@. It was seriously awful. I'd look at it and cry. I'd walk away and think about it and cry. HORRIBLE. But then I sat down and literally prayed that God would just get me through this nightmare. And it was like the words came from nowhere. I had a thesis and resources and 3213 words on foreign journalism techinques and orientations in Third World countries. I didn't even proof read it. I just had it all written and done with. *submit* We'll see if my professor hates it. LOL! Who cares. I met the requirements - the least I can get is a B. But that project over just means I have an even bigger project on the horizon. This is my spring break - or also known as the week I write my final project. But I'm not dreading this. I'm actually kinda looking forward to it. I'm good at this stuff (writing teller manual for a bank) and the only issue will be time. It will take me every bit of this entire week to get-r-dun. So... I'm starting tomorrow. HAHA! Anyway, Billy saw an article that soldiers are starting to get issued iPhones. LOL!! I was thinking - whoo hoo! I get his old one. But we aren't sure how true this is or if it was just talk. Probably just talk. And then he also read about a new physical training program going on at the station he'll be doing basic training. Looks kinda intense. So, who knows if this is going to be what Billy does or not. No one seems to know. So, that's all I got today. We're headed to church in a bit. It's going to be a great day!!!

No comments: