Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Expiration date

So, you know how it's getting close to the end of the year and you go and buy milk. Well, the expiration date on the milk will be November 25th and you'll think "Oh wow!! Thanksgiving is next week!!" And the time will seem surreal. That was me today. I bought some perishable food items today in bulk quantities and thought I'd better check the date to make sure we'll eat it before it goes bad. The expiration date was for after Billy leaves. My heart skipped completely out of my chest. I literally stopped breathing for a minute. Panic almost nearly set in. 45 days people! 45 daggum days!!!!!!! Plus today is Ash Wednesday and everyone on Facebook (well at least my Catholic buddies) are talking about how hard it's going to be to survive until Easter having to give up diet coke or whatever. I'm thinking - man, if you only knew. And then after my excitement over the cabin I actually included Billy in my plan and he acted like that wouldn't work b/c of "this or that." Told you my plans will never be able to go full course now that the Army has its grip on us. I will not complain. I will simply float. (my new motto) Finally took Will to the doctor - last night was really really awful. Turns out he has an ear infection in both ears. UGH!! So, I've not done diddly squat today. I guess I'll stay up late tonight and work on my project. I'm about half way done with the rough draft. Emma rearranged her room tonight. I remember doing that all the time as a kid. I swear she could not be more like her mother. LOL! Allison and I built her dinosaur last night. It's um... well... yeah. Interesting?? HAHA!!! We used florist foam, toothpicks, googly eyes, corn cob handles, and an icecream cone. So... we'll see. I'm looking forward to working out tomorrow. I plan on going to a Zumba class. Can't wait! I tried to go last week and thru stupid chain of events - didn't make it on time. But I've pretty much stuck to my diet. I've gone over my calories only once this past week and a half. And I've lost two pounds. EEEE!!!!

No comments: