Monday, March 7, 2011

ooohhh a Cabin!!

So in my Army Spouses chat room tonight I learned that there are cabins on Fort Jackson that you can rent while you are there for your soldier's graduation. I'm totally excited!! They are on a lake and a cabin that sleeps 8 - 9 people only costs $80 a night. WOW! Only problem, they are really hard to get. So it's like the minute you figure out when the graduation will be, you call and reserve one. Oh and Billy wouldn't be able to come visit us there until after graduation. So, he couldn't come on family day. We'd still have to go to him. Even though the cabins are on base. I don't know how it all works. But I am still excited thinking about it. Plus mom and I were talking tonight and while we're down there, we're going to try and visit my Emma's namesake - my great-aunt Emma (BBear's sister) who lives just down the road from where we'll be. AND then on our way back home, we are going to take a rather wide detour and go visit my cousin Mariah in North Carolina who is going to be having her baby any day now. Of course, all this will change b/c in the army you can't make plans from one day to the next. But it's fun thinking about it anyway. We're all trying to fight the bug that's been going around. William and Allison have both fallen victim to it. But it's a short lived virus that only slows you down. And we've got too much to be doing to be all sick and stuff. Tomorrow we're back to working out and getting stuff done. Well anyway... I'm staring off into space trying to think of anything else I can post here. My mind is in a thousand places - none of which you want to travel to with me. So, I'll leave now. Time for bed anyway. here's the link to the cabins for Fort Jackson www.fortjacksonmwr.com/weston/

No comments: