Sunday, March 20, 2011

North and South

I'm WIDE awake right now. Should be sound asleep, but just can't. At all. So I thought I would blog for a moment. Maybe empty my brain so I can sleep. When it's too full, all I can do is fret. I need a pensieve. (heehee) So... this is kinda funny. Billy's dad has been digging into his ancestry for years now. He spends quite a lot of time researching the men and women who made the Blackburn's - the Blackburn's. Well in the midst of this became a bit of a fanatic of the Confederate Army. He is like a BIG fan. He's even having a costume made so that he can start doing the re-enactments that they have all over the South. This has been a rather recent development. And so the other day he told Billy that "I joined the Confederate Army about the same time you joined the Union Army." HAHA! Today has been a great day. The girls and I ended up going to church without Billy. (well that wasn't really a great thing ...) Someone was supposed to come by and look at the truck we have for sale, but then they never showed. BOO! (also not such a great thing... hmmm maybe I should have started this paragraph a little differently....) Anyway, Billy ended up cleaning out both our trucks and putting his AWESOME radio into my truck - he didn't want it to go to waste. LOL! I'm very excited about driving somewhere tomorrow so I can jam to my new radio! YAY!!! AND upon further reflection, I've decided not to do the stupid yard sale. I just don't see anyone coming out here to buy my junk. So... I think we're just going to start bagging up stuff and taking it to Goodwill. I might try and sell a few pieces of furniture on Craigslist, but really I'm just not of the right frame of mind to deal with a yard sale and then the rejection of a bad yard sale and then packing it all up and moving it off to Goodwill anyway.... So... it must be what it must be. FLOATING. I AM FLOATING!!!!! Wanna hear a wonderful song? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wt5YRexag1o&feature=related Tears.... lots of tears.... sigh Lastly, I will bring the attention to the weather this weekend. BEAUTIFUL! I think today was a high of 80, but since we are so high up on this hill, it doesn't feel so bad. The wind just flows constantly - even when it isn't that windy. I've had the windows open and the air completely off for several days now and you can't even tell. I'm so looking forward to a lower electric bill. Army TidBit of the Day: There is always a chance of Billy being sent on a Hardship Tour from the start. Usually a Hardship Tour does not allow family members to come along. Or rather they wouldn't pay for the family to come along, if they were even allowed to. Which in some cases they aren't even allowed - like Korea and Kuwait. So he could be sent on HT and then turn around and be deployed. Hardship tours last anywhere from 12 to 24 months. Deployments last 12 months. I don't know of anyone who this has happened to, but I'm sure it does. I just don't even know how to process that kind of information.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Don't waste any time and energy on what could happen (or what has happened.) Use it on what is happening right now and you'll be plenty busy I'm sure.