Monday, March 14, 2011

oh deer!!

So, our bedroom window faces the neighbors yard but is separated by a little picket fence. However, at night, the neighbor's spotlight in the yard shines right at our house. This causes a shadow from the fence to show through the window. Follow me here... Well, last night - really super late, I'm trying to fall asleep and staring off into space. Something moves outside the window. It looked like someone sneaking past the yard. There was a shadow like walking legs over next to the fence. I FREAKED OUT!!! I froze completely stunned. I said, "Billy did you see that??" He was half asleep and didn't see anything. He said it must have been a car's lights. Seriously? On our street at this hour? And it was the quietest car I'd ever heard - or not heard for that matter. Then it happens again. This time, I'm prepared. It was a deer. Actually it was a LOT of deer. One right after another walking in a line and right in the path of the light creating a shadow on our window. It was sooo awesome. Billy and I both jumped out of bed and tried to see them through the window, but once they got out of the path of the light, it was impossible to see them. Anyway, that was a cool thing... had to share. In other news, I ordered my cap and gown today. Very exciting stuff there, let me tell you. there is a chance CHANCE chance that I might graduate with honors. Not really sure how that is tallied, but I have a 4.0 in my major and a 3.25 cumulative. I think that qualifies me. Just not sure yet. EDIT - looks like I'm not a candidate for honors after all. A quater of a point away. Oh well. But I've been kinda weepy again today. I think my brain is exhausted from that massive project I did. Rough draft done tonight. almost 50 pages and 9,994 words. ugh. So, I'm not going to post much here. It's time for bed. And maybe a drink. LOL!

No comments: