Friday, February 25, 2011

Watch out!

Alright. We did it! WHOO HOO! Billy and I joined the Y. Turns out when you ain't got no job and ain't got no money, they really help you out. That's gotta be a blessing if I ever heard one. So, we're in for practically nothing. A third of the price of cable. I'm just saying. But we had a great day. Got a lot of errands ran. Oh and I gotta tell you... we ended up going to a local seasonal consignment sale in town. Some people amaze me with how they price their kids' clothes. A ratty old faded tshirt for $4?? Really???? UGH! I only bought stuff that was marked for $1 or was something nice that could be worn to church. Speaking of... I'm soooo excited! Last year at this same sale, I got Emma a dress - turned out to be too big. This year, I found Allison one to match it (same material and color - different style) and William a little three piece suit all matching!!!! And Emma's fits now. SO excited! We have Easter outfits out of the way. And probably even outfits to wear to Billy's graduation. And heck my graduation too for that matter. : ) And yeah, I've been reading my army spouse site again. Apparently at basic training they try and tell the men that their wives are all back home cheating on them. I know this is just a tactic to stir up emotions. But dang. That's just mean. Billy and I had a big fat talk about that one. Good grief. The stuff I'm learning!!!! Army TidBit of the day: Billy is going in as an E3 - private first class. He won't be able to get another promotion for one year or six months of excellent somethings or others. But what I find interesting is if you enter in as a E2 or E1 you can get a rank promotion for just doing things like referring a new recruit or taking some online tests. Really? That's whack! I still don't really understand it. This has been a super informative tidbit, huh? Sorry.

No comments: