Sunday, February 6, 2011

There was a Superbowl today?

Yeah, this is one thing that Billy and I really have in common - a total indifference to professional sports. I've never followed a team, do not know any of the players' names, or coaches for that matter. I just do not give a flip. I do like to watch an occasional MTSU game - usually only because we want to see the band - which they never show. But whatever. So, tonight instead of the Superbowl, Billy and I walked down memory lane. We acquired a scanner today (thank you Papa!) so we took it for a test run and started scanning pictures from the past. There were too many to even make a dent in it. So, I just picked a couple that I really loved. It was fun. More fun than watching football anyway. And despite my sudden struggle with a stomach bug in the wee hours of the day, it's been a nice day. I pretty much got to take an awesome nap (much needed after being up at all hours last night) and wash a few loads of laundry, take a test for some class, and play freeze dance with the girls. Freeze dance always brings out the giggle monster in all of us. I wish I'd made a video. Speaking of ***HILARIOUS STORY ALERT*** You know that Allison was having her solo-weekend this weekend. So, we let her sleep on our love seat in our bedroom. This morning she is still on the love seat watching cartoons, I asked her, "Allison, how did you sleep?" She said, "Like this" and lays down with her eyes closed. LOVE THAT GIRL!! Army TidBit of the Day: For Soldiers in Basic Combat Training: When dealing with drill sergeants, do not ever smile. They will say the funniest nonsense you have ever heard, but do not ever never ever NEVER EVER smile, laugh, or even wrinkle your eyes. They will tear you apart.

No comments: