Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Good-bye to a dear friend

Billy and I completely quit the coke thing today. We ran out of our diet dr pepper and made a run to the store today. However, on the way there, I looked at him and said, "Hey, what if we just don't buy any. What if we just quit and do it together?" He said he was going to have to give it up soon enough anyway. So, my last dr pepper was last night. And today, I'm OK. I have plenty of coffee to at least get me some caffeine, but as far as the soda goes - it's gone gone. I made it my goal to lose 50 pounds this summer while Billy's away. I want to look all gorgeous too - he shouldn't be the only one to be all slim and trim. Now, how am I going to do it??? No clue at all. We are thinking about joining the YMCA. Not just for me, but for the kids to have somewhere to go this summer. AND... apparently all the little dudes that Billy was working out with have shipped out. All this time I thought he was working out with his recruiters. Not so much. It was a bunch of other future soldiers. So, Billy hasn't had a workout since Thursday last week. He said he's going to start walking again tomorrow. And I think he was doing some push ups while I was at my prayer group this morning. And the only reason I know this is because William was pretending Billy was a 'cave' and every time he'd go up on his arms, Will would go into the cave. lol! So yeah, I think we could use some Y time. I can't walk out here because there are so many wild dogs. And I would love to just take William into the nursery and go master some stairs for an hour. Billy could run on the track. It'll be like a great big happy family. : ) In other news, more snow on the way. UGH! I have way too much to do to be stranded here in a blizzard. Not only was I supposed to spend the day in Murfreesboro doing some very important things for school, but I still have a slumber party to arrange for Friday. Emma's worried that it's going to snow so much, we'll have to cancel. I really hope not. She's looking so forward to it. So, say NO to SNOW! Army TidBit of the Day: The Army will not let women join unless they are 4'10" or taller - which almost rules me out apparently. Not that I would anyway. The weight limit for a 4'10" woman is 115 pounds. I laugh in the face of that one!!! but hey, maybe after a summer of mastering stairs and no more cokes.... I might just get there. We'll see.

No comments: