Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Happy Birthday Emma!

So, Emma turned 10 today. She's just had an incredible past few days. We are all so exhausted. And the party doesn't end today. This weekend my sister and her girls are driving down to my mom's in Kentucky from Michigan. I am soooo excited to see them. It's just going to be so nice to get away for a few days. Billy's coming with us. I am so happy!! I finally caved and got William his first real hair cut today. I've been doing it this whole time, but he's gotten impossible to hold still. He is so incredibly ticklish that it's like chasing a greased pig just to cut his hair. So, we had a professional do it. She did a lot better than I ever could, but I still had to hold him down as he cracked up laughing. She said she'd never seen one this ticklish. But he does look tons better now. All clean and tidy. Like a little man. We got Emma's hair cut too. And she got these plastic press on nails for her birthday so we ended up giving her a total make-over as well. Billy said that Allison did a great job playing basketball at practice tonight. I wish I'd seen it. But he said she was playing real hard and got in a shot. Adorable!!! Billy's workout buddy returned but only for a week. He's not sure what he's going to do after next week. I told him he just needs to start running every morning - especially since the weather has warmed up a little. Running is his weakest link. If he could just run, he'd probably be able to pass most of the PT tests early on in basic. But, he's just not been motivated to do it. In fact, this past two weeks, he's not done a heck of a lot but eat horribly. He's going to have to snap out of it. Private Awesome needs a fire lit under his butt. : ) Army TidBit of the Day: I read this discussion board on questions people have on entering the army. One guy today wrote in and said, "Hey, am I going to be able to meet any girls when I get in the Army." Another fellow wrote back and said, "yes, the Army issues you one." LOL!!!! Just thought that was great!

No comments: