Sunday, February 13, 2011

Round two of birthday bashes!

Today we had family over for Emma's and my birthday. It was nice. Just a simple little dinner and I have to say I made the best potato casserole! I'm loving it. Thinking about getting out the left-overs. Seriously. During our little bash, we found out that the reason one of our neighbor's houses burned to the ground was because someone broke into it, stole all the guys guns and drugs, and then set the house on fire. Billy is really freaked out about it. We just aren't used to this kind of crime that close to us. Especially in Santa Fe. Nothing ever happens in Santa Fe. Plus the whole idea that the robber could be hiding out in our woods.... ugh. For some reason, I'm just not even worried about it. I think that guy was targeted specifically. Nobody is going to bother us considering who we are related to out here. They'd be real dumb to do that. I'm just saying. However, I am glad we got the front door fixed now. : ) In more important news - we went to Memaw's church today. It was great to be in such a lively service! And there are two huge praises here: Billy went with us - AMEN! And Emma asked about becoming a Christian so we are going to talk with the Children's Minister there and get Emma going on a program to prepare her for this big step! I could not be more thrilled!!! AMEN!! So, my new prayer is that we can start going to this church as a family and that Billy gets to see Emma baptized before he ships out. I just want to do this together. Anyway, I turn 34 tomorrow. No big deal I guess. Just another day for the books. I'm going to eat lunch with Allison tomorrow and then with Emma on Tuesday for her birthday. AND I'm supposed to go to Murfreesboro to do some stuff for school all day Wednesday. AND I have a ton of really involved assignments due this week. AND we are leaving for Bowling Green on Friday. AND all my laundry has been piling up with all the birthday parties and such. UGH! so... here I sit blogging about it rather than taking care of it. : )

No comments: