Saturday, November 12, 2011

So here's the deal

Billy's on again off again mission has kinda fizzled out to basically nothing. BUT we still have to stay put until after Thanksgiving. So I think I already explained that. But what I haven't told you is that looks like we're going to have to stay put for a while longer - like through Christmas. Billy missed his PT test run by 8 seconds. So they put him on a probation of sorts. It's called a Bar from Re-enlistment. He's not allowed to take any leave and a variety of other things until he passes his next test. But he's started doing some extra training in the afternoons that will help. It really kinda sucks that he just barely missed it. But considering this is the first PT test he's had since AIT back in August and the fact that they do not do real PT training, he didn't do that bad. He just had an off day. He was really super bummed about it. And now knowing that we are going to have to stay here through Christmas just makes things a little worse. I know especially the kids wanted to go home and see all the grandparents. That just isn't going to happen now. So blech. I guess we were kinda hoping the family could come see us this year... but who knows if that will happen. It's just a bit depressing really. I just don't want to think about it right now.

Moving on...

Day 12 of the 25 days of Thanksgiving ~ I'm very thankful for all the friends in my life. I'm thankful for the kids' friends who keep them busy every single day. I'm thankful for the new friends in my life here in North Carolina. For the friends I have back at home. For the friends I don't get to talk to very often, but I still love a lot. For the friends I have who I can tell everything to and the friends who would do anything for me. I am blessed - as my whole family is blessed with good people around us.

No comments: