Sunday, November 6, 2011

Day Six ~ Allison

My daughter Allison has always been my mystery child. One day she likes Batman and basketball, the next day she likes Barbies and hair bows. One day she tells me that William is her best friend; the next day he is the biggest bother ever. One day she loves tacos and the next she hates them. She can turn directions faster than any other person in the world. Which is one reason I always have such a hard time figuring out what to buy her for Christmas or birthdays. This year on her list she put a basketball goal and an easy bake oven. So maybe that is why I love her so much. She has so many sides to her. This has been her nature from the beginning. She came into this world with such a massive amount of drama; I'm sure that's why she likes to keep me on my toes. After all, that's what she does really well. Seeing her tiny body attached to all the machines and tubes and not knowing if I would ever get to hold her or bring her home... it makes every moment just that much more special knowing how precious every God given moment is. Looking at her now, you'd never know she was pre-mature or had any trouble at all. So thankful for that wonderful blessing!

No comments: