Monday, November 7, 2011

Day Seven ~ William

William. My precious baby boy. My pain in the rear end... too smart for his own good little man. Most of you know (or maybe not) that he was the child God wanted me to have - not the one we planned on. After Allison, I didn't think I could have any more children (mentally) and was fully prepared to go on with life with just my two girls. God is still laughing at that little plan of mine. I look back at the day I found out I was going to have another baby. I was sitting in the parking lot of the grocery store. I watched a young mother go up to her car. She spent a good many minutes trying to wrangle her infant out of his stroller and get him buckled into his carseat. Then she spent another several minutes trying to fold up the stroller and wedge it into the back of her little SUV. She struggled and struggled with that little stroller and the more she struggled, the more I cried. I thought I was done fighting strollers and now this. Another baby?!? Boy oh boy! Looking back, I don't know why I was so distraught about the news of another baby. That kid is going to keep me young - or make me very old very fast. But I couldn't imagine life without him now. So glad God gave us that little boy.

No comments: