Sunday, November 13, 2011

Day 13 ~ My gift

I've been told that I have a gift of writing... by several people. I don't mean to sound all bragging or carry on like I've got some kind of big head. But I do and have always loved writing. As far back as age 13, I can remember asking for a typewriter for Christmas and getting one. I wore that thing down to the nub. I just loved writing stories and stuff. And then in high school, I had an extraordinary set of English teachers who fed my hunger for writing. I just love doing it. This blog has been such a means for therapy for me. I just enjoy it so much. I know I have plenty of typos and errors here and there. But it's not like I'm trying to get published. I just like being able to put my thoughts down, and do it in a way that isn't completely boring. At least I hope it isn't boring.... I would hope someone would shut me up if I had nothing interesting to say. So I guess I'm thankful for that gift. Maybe one day I'll fulfill my dream and actually write a book or something.

1 comment:

HeatherandTanner said...

Seriously?? I have always wanted to do that!!! Wow... And I am sorry to hear about Christmas! Maybe you guys will have fun all by yourselves, though :)