Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Happy Early Christmas!!!!

I've put up a new background for the blog. I love changing it up. The easiest way to decorate ever!! I just wish I could browse through pictures online and pick one for the house. And with a click of a button, have a whole new look in my living room. It's like I look in my living room and see my couch that we've had since 1999 and think, "Really? How can we have had a couch for 12 years?" Most of the stuff in our house is like that. Just old and broken in. Comfortable. Until it breaks. Like our washer and dryer. I told you the dryer decided to get all old and crotchety on me. Well, we went out on Black Friday and did some 'shopping.' Really, we were just waiting for The Muppet Movie to start and needed something to do. So we walked around some appliance stores and the more we looked, the more we got that ITCH to buy something new. But we were good little grown ups and we waited... we went and saw the movie and headed home. However, the itch was too strong as we drove onto post. That's when we stopped to fill up the truck and saw the Furniture/Appliance store right there at the PX. (PX = Army Walmart) "Oh let's just look!" I had no idea the PX did Black Friday sales!! But oh my goodness! We got seriously sucked in. And who wouldn't!?! No tax. No payments... no interest for 12 months! Um... yes, I'll have one of each please! So we got our early Christmas presents. A new washer and dryer!!! FA LA LA LA LAAA LA LA LA LAAA!!!! But the best gift was yet to come... we get them home (recruit a very nice neighbor to help us haul the things upstairs) and then Billy sets off and does ALL the laundry. He likes all the nice buttons and features just like any man likes buttons and shiny new things. So, I let him. I wasn't going to fight over my husband wanting to wash clothes!!! But boy howdy, I wanted a turn really bad!!! So yesterday, I set off and washed all the blankets and sheets and everything I could think to throw in there. I even reached for the dog and then changed my mind. Probably shouldn't wash the dog in the new appliances. So, now everyone has clean clothes. Dry clothes. Clean bed sheets. Clean bedding. Clean sweaters. Clean jackets! Everything!!! Will the fun EVER END??? My entire attitude towards laundry has changed. I woke up this morning at 5 am just to put a load in the wash. Yes, I know. It's a sickness. I'm sure I'll get over it soon enough. But it's like the best new toys a mother could ever ask for! (did I mention that my dryer has a steam function?? SQUEE!!)

So now I just need a new couch and I'll be good to go! I don't know though... my couch is like one of my children. I'm a bit attached to it. It's gotten me through all my pregnancies and a few fights. It's served as a scratching post for my cats, a trampoline for the kids, the place where Santa leaves the kids' toys every year. Every birthday party or family get together, you can see that couch in the background of the pictures. It's also the first major purchase Billy and I ever made together. Seriously... I'm getting a little emotional thinking about it. Wow! I need help.

Speaking of help... Emma handed me a note yesterday... "Mom and Dad, I love you but I don't like it here in North Carolina." From there she talks about wanting to run away and stuff. Now, I know Emma. She's a bit dramatic. She was smiling when she handed me the note. So I don't think I need to worry about buying a tracking device. But, honestly... I wonder what is bringing this on. That is one reason I really hope she gets in the gifted program at school. Maybe if she had something to call her own - something that makes her feel special. She's got a ton of friends here. They sometimes get her into some serious trouble like last week when she found herself grounded for a whole week. But maybe this is the time to pray for my Emma. And for me so that I can figure out how to make things better. I know not going home for Christmas is a big suck for her, but what can I do? Me and the kids are free to go where ever we want, but we are not leaving Billy during the holidays. No way. I've wondered if I could put the girls on an airplane for Nashville for a couple weeks... not sure...

But Billy is starting his special PT back up today. He stopped for a couple weeks because of the holidays and stuff. Oh and tomorrow they are doing their ruck march. 12 miles with 35 pounds on their back in full get up. I hope it is cool enough outside. That is one long walk! So we're going tonight and find him some inserts for his boots. He'll be Gellin'!! Oh and the drama with the guy finally settled out. It was just something silly. I think I was more worked up about it than he was. Basically it was another fellow failed his PT test too and wasn't given any Bar from Enlistment or anything and then was even offered to get certified on a machine that Billy wanted to get certified on. I felt like Billy was getting left out on a chance to do something worth while. But the other guy finally did get in trouble over his PT scores and so I'm not quite as upset about it anymore. I know that is awful. But at least I don't think Billy's being singled out now. Anyway... all that to say... once he passes his PT test and gets the bar removed, we can take a trip home. So, it's a goal. And we're working towards it. This isn't easy for Billy. He's not loving it and is getting discouraged. So, lots of prayers for Billy!!

But my new friends here in the neighborhood have decided to start doing a morning workout routine. Yesterday we did Zumba from the Wii and today we did a 20 minute Abs workout. Oh my!! I'm fine right now, but I bet I won't be able to cough or laugh tomorrow without holding my gut. It's just nice having a few gals here close that I can hang out with. I'm starting to feel a bit at home now. I just gotta get the whole family feeling that way...

1 comment:

HeatherandTanner said...

I will definitely be sending prayers your way!!
Yay for the new washer and dryer!! How exciting!