Thursday, November 3, 2011

Our Pooch

So Shadow has turned out to be a worthless guard dog. But he's a super sweet companion. Maybe the guard dog will come out later... but he really is a sweetheart. I really kinda love him. By far, he is the smartest dog and quickest to potty train out of all the dogs I've ever had. Of course, I've not had many. And I'm a lot older now and have a little more knowledge about how to do it. But if you ever want to know the best way and most effective way to potty train a dog, Google "crate training/ potty training your puppy." We may have just lucked out with a really smart dog, but I think that combined with the crate training has made for a not so horrible nightmare in potty training. But Shadow will love just about anyone. He hardly ever barks. He's scared to death of Fluffy. And one of the cutest things he does is he'll follow us around. If I'm sitting in the living room watching TV, he's at my feet asleep. If I'm in the kitchen making dinner, he is sitting on the edge of the carpet watching me. If I'm sitting here at the computer, he's at me feet chewing his bone. When Emma and Allison get home, he gets all wired up and excited because he knows they take him for an afternoon walk everyday. And William (after under going some intense "kid training" on how to play with the puppy) absolutely loves him. He said that Shadow is his best friend. *heartmelting* So yeah... looks like we got us a good'un.

And then Billy's mission... who the heck knows. Everyone going on the trip was supposed to complete this thing online to get their travel expenses taken care of. But the powers in charge did not give anyone directions and so all the forms were declined because everyone did it wrong. So, now we're having to start all over. But they never sent us the new form. It's just weird. I don't understand it, neither does Billy or anyone else. I don't know what's happening or anything. But he did come home today after PT and ask me for $2 and a Canned Good so he could turn it in in exchange for a day off tomorrow. Hey, I'll gladly give up a can of Spaghetti and Meatballs for a chance to have a long weekend. Girls are out of school tomorrow, too. So that will be FUN!! I might just leave everyone at home and go put some Christmas presents on layaway. Shopping..... By Myself.... Oh. My. Goodness!!!!

No comments: