Friday, November 4, 2011

25 days of Thanksgiving

I should have started this the other day, but just thought about it this morning. I think I will try and post at least one thing that I'm thankful for each day this month in honor of Thanksgiving. And since it is already the 4th... let me catch up.

Day One: Most of all I am thankful for my salvation. Thankful for a God who loves me and is always there for me.

Day Two: I am thankful for a husband who loves me. You guys know how much I love him and I won't gross you out with all my sappiness anymore. But to love and be loved in return... it's the greatest thing!

Day Three: I am thankful for all the parents in my life. My mom, my dad, in-laws, step inlaws... You guys are awesome. And I love you. You always support us and would be there for us any time we needed you.

Day Four: I am thankful for "noogies." In other words, for a sister who gets me. She always understands me even when she doesn't agree with me. We have more inside jokes than we can count. It's great that we can just laugh at each other no matter what. You are MY Schmael and my wagon junkie. Love you!!


I have no more news on Billy's mission. At this point, we are thinking they aren't even going. A week ago, they were freaking out trying to get everything together and now no one has even said a single word about it since Monday. I don't know. Billy doesn't know. But we do know that he is not allowed to leave the area or drink any alcohol until after November 25th. Not that this is a problem, but they made him sign this thing saying he wouldn't do either. So even if they don't leave any time soon, we are for sure staying here for the Holiday. I might just take a stab at making my own turkey and dressing. Or not. But I will certainly do my own chicken and dumplins. I can do that. And since I'm the only one who likes dressing... we might just have a non-traditional meal. I'll just make everyone's favorite food. Heck we might end up with chicken and dumplins, spaghetti, meatloaf, cornbread, salad, sausage balls, tacos, and mac and cheese. Oh and a chocolate cake. Sounds pretty awesome to me. Anybody want to come?

1 comment:

HeatherandTanner said...

Ok, that sounds like an AWESOME Thanksgiving!