Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Day 22 - Appliances

I know that sounds silly. But I really am glad to have a washer and dryer, a refrigerator, a vaccum. All the things that make my life a little easier. I am more aware of how thankful I am when one of these things isn't working properly. Sigh... My dryer hates me. But... after the holidays (if we have any money at all left) I plan on getting it fixed. It's just driving me crazy. Especially since lately it seems everyone wears twice as much clothes as normal. It's freezing beyond words in the morning. And so everyone puts on the long pants and sweaters. By the afternoon, we're sweating and it is hot and sunny out. So, everyone comes home and changes into shorts and t-shirts. Billy changes three times a day. Winter PT uniform in the morning. Camo uniform for the day. And then summer PT for the afternoon. AND he takes three showers. That is three towels. My patience with laundry is wearing very thin.... especially when my dryer hates me. BUT... where would I be without that thing? So, I guess I can't complain too loudly.

So... remember me telling you that Emma's teacher was kinda laid back and easy going, but gave A LOT of homework and it has been a challenge. Well, she totally made A honor roll. HOOAH! And I know it was because I stayed on her butt the whole time. But anyway... her classroom had 36 kids in it. Way over limit. So, they hired a new teacher and last week Emma got to go into the new classroom with about 20 other kids. They basically divided the three fifth grades and turned it into four classrooms. So... I have my parent teacher conference with Emma's original teacher and she says she wants to recommend Emma for the gifted program. She said that the only thing about it was that her 'new' teacher (the one that started last week) doesn't agree. Dems Is Fightin Words!!! But whatever. The new teacher is Ms. Keith. So, we (the originial teacher, Emma, and I) have decided that we need to make Ms. Keith see what we see in Emma. I mean, at the time Ms. Keith made this decision, she had only had Emma in class for four days. So, I immediately didn't like Ms. Keith due to the fact that she was so quick to judge like that. But guess what....!!!! The principle sends home a letter yesterday, "Due to unforeseen medical issues, Ms. Keith will no longer be the teacher of the fifth grade. We are in the process of hiring a new teacher as soon as possible." Now, I hate it that something so bad could keep her from teaching... but I'm also kinda relieved that we have another teacher coming in. Maybe not one so closed minded. Emma's glad too. She didn't care for Ms. Keith too much. She was "mean." And then on the other hand... I think good grief! These poor kids! Being tossed around like this. I suppose 5th graders can deal with this a little better than say a kindergarten class... But this will be Emma's 5th teacher in the 5th grade. That is messed up! LOL!!

1 comment:

HeatherandTanner said...

We really do "copy" each other :)

Yay for Emma getting great grades!