Sunday, January 23, 2011

You would think the Queen is coming...

Emma's tenth birthday is in a few short weeks. Three weeks and three days. However, we are having her party (a crazy fun slumber party) in two weeks and four days. Trust me... she will not let me forget. It's like the urgency of planning is killing her. She's made lists. list of types of pizza to get. List of who to invite. List of what movies to rent. And then when she doesn't like a list she starts all over. She is her mother's child. I'm all for having the slumber party. But she first told me (months ago) that she only wanted a couple friends over. Then it changed to maybe a couple friends and maybe a guy friend or two. Now she wants this slumber party and invite guys over for the first half. UGH! Then she gets all crazy with worry over when to pass out invitations, where will Allison be (because she really doesn't want her here and I am sure the feeling is mutual), blah blah blah. She's driving me nuts! I know she is so excited and I want her to have a great party... but I also know that when you try so hard to plan something and then it doesn't live up to your expectations, you feel worse. I know. I do it everytime we have a party. Maybe this is God's way of showing me to chill. That it really isn't a big deal. Just try to make the most no matter what. In other news, I think I'm getting sick. I have that headache that is creeping in and the kinda tight throat. Like it's swelling or something. Not a fun feeling. Please... I do not want to get sick. I really don't. Allison was also feeling kinda icky tonight. I made her take a shower and sent her on to bed early. so.... we'll see. Army stuff still at a pause. He'll get to go back and work out tomorrow - hopefully. He said he's been doing some exercises before I wake up. He doesn't want me to see him. I can totally understand why. He thinks I'll laugh at him. Even if I did, I wouldn't be laughing AT him. I would just think he's incredibly cute! Talked to my sister today online. It is great fun! We get to laughing at each other and our conversations always turn bad!! And for pete's sake, she always cheers me up! We're typing so fast at each other it's almost like something has lubricated the keyboard. Which of course only leads to horrible typoes and that only leads to more laughter. I love my sissy. She's too far away. I think one of my biggest fears is being sent even further away from her. But at least we have the noogies!

No comments: